Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thanks for not submitting to bullying, WI Senate Dems, and thanks for refusing to let us down!

I've been at the Capitol five or more hours a day all week (and I know and love people who have been there 20+ hours a day). I watched the Joint Committee on Finance hearing and vote last night from an overflow room in the Capitol. Last night, Jauch, Taylor, Grigsby and Shilling wore heartache in every expression, every crease in their tired clothes. I was there this afternoon when a wild rumor whipped around - the Senate Democrats thwarted the Republicans' efforts to reach a quorum by slipping across the border! The fact that public hearings have continued nonstop for over 80 hours now buys them political cover. Their brave disappearing act buys us time to continue making our noisy case.

U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., offered a welcome to Wisconsin state senators, many of whom are believed to have headed into his state as they delay a vote on the budget repair bill.

"When Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker decided to refuse federal high speed rail money, I said I would welcome it with open arms in Illinois. Tonight, I say the same to the members of the Wisconsin State Senate who are fighting for workers’ rights," Durbin said.



Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment