Wednesday, September 29, 2010

You know what, Mr. President? You are my friend! And I think we look pretty good up there!

Adam and I were two of over 26,500 people at the Obama-Feingold-Barrett rally on Library Mall yesterday. I showed up at 3:30, when the gates opened, and walked to the end of the line… six blocks away. We only got as close as the bottom of Bascom Hill. I left about five minutes before the rally ended, knowing I had a half-hour walk ahead of me and only 15 minutes of light and spied Obama through a fence from University Avenue. He was a brownish spec wearing a white shirt, basically, and was distinguished only by the fact that he was gesturing more broadly than the Secret Service would allow anyone else in the audience to do!

Feingold's appearance was a pleasant surprise. He mentioned some billboards here that feature Feingold and Obama's faces ("Feingold and Friend") and Russ said, "You know what, Mr. President? You are my friend! And I think we look pretty good up there!"

I think so, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment