Saturday, October 9, 2010

It's autumn. I am thinking all the time about the young woman I want to be, and how far I have to go. I think it will be a joyful journey, but along the way, I am running into contradictions.

I am reading hard books and struggling with what they tell me.

I am loving my job. Loving it. It has me rethinking my career goals, that's how much it's shaken me up this week. Mostly, I do research. I know that as soon as I know my territory there I'll want more responsibility. I'll want to be the one who jets off to conferences in Atlanta, Chicago and Vancouver, to listen and learn and share. This week, I am in love. I am paid to care about something WORTH caring about. What more could I ask for, really?

3 comments:

  1. Hard books are like life, wonderfully incomprehensible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out of interest, what was your degree in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I majored in History (I completed requirements for focuses in 20th century history, American history & foreign policy, Middle Eastern history and European history) and Journalism/Strategy Communications. :-)

    ReplyDelete