Tuesday, December 1, 2009

It doesn't feel like the first of December (sun and blue skies, 50F), so it simply can't be. It must be November first. I'd even believe you if you said, "It's the first of October, but don't forget to bring a sweater!" My memory has collapsed the last three months into an untidy heap. I have no idea where the time went, only that I spent that time happy and happily worn out from late-night walks in the city and every kind of amusement (good people, good coffee, good music, good dancing, good travels, good risks, all worth it). My last semester of university has been wilder and sweeter than I could have imagined. There are a few too many (read: many too many) things competing for my attention right now--all of them pressing--and when I think about it, I realize I'm neglecting virtually every area of my life in some way. After graduation, I need to make some reparations: to my family, who I have visited too infrequently; to my old friends, who I miss too much; to my body, which craves a good long sleep and has tolerated too many meals on the run and not enough lovingly prepared and leisurely paced dinners... and that's just to name three!




A short list of jobs I am not qualified for, as posted on the UW Student Job Center:
- Shotput and discus coach
- Russian-speaking customer service representative
- Canine groomer
- Piano instructor
- Cross-country ski instructor (it looks like fun, but my attempts at skiing have been marked by a wicked magnetic attraction to tree trunks)

No comments:

Post a Comment