Thursday, May 7, 2009

Party pooper, I said.

I know quiet hours start at midnight, but that doesn't mean that you need to get drunk right underneath my window and blast god-awful rap music and scream drunkenly for three hours (with no end in sight) right now. Some of us actually have exams tomorrow morning. Early tomorrow morning. Exams we have not had time to study for or even think about because of other claims on our time. I am reading about Kang Youwei and trying to remember why I care about Kang Youwei, and this passage leaps out at me for some reason: "The Empress Dowager ended the 100 Days reforms and ordered Kang executed through death by a thousand cuts." The thought of ordering death by a thousand cuts holds strange appeal at the moment. I can't explain it.

No comments:

Post a Comment